This is a good representation of what would be helpful to us for the workshop.
We could change this on site to accomodate the actual space and available equipment.
Friday, December 4
- History of Projections
- About Projectors
- Activities: Improv acting with changing projection environments.
A simple screen for either front or rear projection would be helpful for lecturing. Any of the projectors could be focused on it.
Saturday, December 5
Same setup is anticipated as for Friday.
- Generating Media
- Controlling Media
- Activities: Incorporating faux shadows into performance.
- Activities: Emulating projection-mapping using simpler software.
- Reverse-engineering popular projection sequences.
Sunday, December 6
- Front vs. Rear Projection
- Properties of Rear-Projection screens
- Alternatives to standard screens
- Projecting on Black Surfaces
- Projecting on Scrim and Fabric
- Integrating projections into the show
- Lighting and Set Design for Projections
- Multiple Screens as One Screen
- Activities: Creating 3D environments using scrim with projections
- Activities: Actors as a part of the visual composition.
Monday, December 7
Controlling projections using alternate methods.
Mathematically generated graphics reacting to improvisational movement.